Tuesday, August 7, 2007

South Fork Salmon and other Summer Adventures



In my quest to run as many rivers as possible, I found the best multi-day river trip around--the South Fork of the Salmon. After sneaking around the Forrest Service Fire Fighters who wanted to stop our trip, we had four amazing days on the river. The whitewater was incredible, and the scenery beautiful. (Yep, that's me running Fall Creek)


Perhaps the most amazing part of the trip was seeing a wolf in the wild (and no, it isn't a coyote). The wolf was ready to come have breakfast with us, but we preferred it on the other side of the river. Instead, he was kind enough to pose a few times for us.
The summer is now coming to a close, and I am missing people and places already.... come visit me in Belgrade!

No comments: