Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ada

On a hot Saturday in Belgrade, my coworkers (three shown at right) and I took advantage of the only appealing option- swimming. Belgrade has an incredible park (Ada) that runs around a lake. While locals have warned us that the water may not be pristine (all of Belgrade swims in the stagnant water), we have decided that Ada is very underrated. The park is a recreationists dream, complete with beaches, cafes, carnival rides and even bungi jumping. The people watching is also incredible as European men all enjoy sporting very tight speedos.

Not only is Ada enjoyable for cooling off on a hot day, it is also the perfect distance from my house for a nice run. There is a trail the entire way around the lake which is preferable to risking my life with the crazy drivers on the road. Additionally, I will never get bored as there are often old men out performing their morning yoga in the buff (yuck).

No comments: